Medical billing is a payment practice within the US healthcare system where care providers such as nurses, doctors, dentists, etc. submit and look into the claims with insurance agencies for the purpose of receiving payment for services provided like investigations, treatments, and so on.
Unlike today, medical billing used to be done fully on paper, but thanks to the advent of software, healthcare providers can now efficiently submit and manage claims as well as receive payments from different people. The duty of the medical biller in a health facility is to pursue the claim to make sure the practice receives compensation for any work the providers complete.
Medical billing primarily acts as a bridge between your insurer and healthcare provider, and the process involves the latter sending an invoice explaining your treatment and the health care services received to the insurance company for payment. This invoice is referred to as a claim. Sometimes, your insurance agency will pay the entire amount and sometimes you may be required to pay portion of it.
Our Medical Billing Services includes:
- Charge Entry
- Daily Electronic Claim Submissions
- Filing claim appeals when needed
- Posting patient and insurance payments to claims/account
- Daily and Monthly Accounts Receivable Management
- Patient Billing
- Statement Management
- Benchmark Reporting
- Soft Collections
- Electronic Funds Transfer
- Payment Posting
- Claim Auditing
- 24/7 Access to our web-based system
- Educating current news on HIPPA and OIG compliance, as well as commercial carriers, state, local regulations